Purchase and shipping policies
All purchases will go via MindbodyOnline our third party booking system. These payments run through Optimal Payments and VISA and Mastercard are accepted.
All purchases that require shipping (ie. if manuals are purchased outside of a course), then these will be shipped once cleared funds have been received, and we will send these using a courier service, My Hermes.
Pilates Education UK Ltd/BASI Pilates UK offers limited refunds for students who cancel prior to or during the Program. A £330.00 sum payable upon submission of your Application comprises a £25.00 fee for processing your application (“Application Fee”) and a £305.00 deposit (the “Deposit”).
If Pilates Education UK Ltd/BASI Pilates UK does not accept your Application for any reason (30) or more days prior to the start of the first module, we shall, as soon as possible, refund all monies paid by you to us other than the Application Fee.
If you cancel fewer than sixty (60) days prior to the start of the first module *, then within thirty (30) days of receiving your cancellation request, we will refund all monies paid by you to us other than the Initial Deposit (including the Application Fee); because your attendance would be a deciding factor as to whether the course would run as scheduled. *cancellations one week before the course are not accepted.
We shall not be obligated to refund any monies if you cancel at any time following the day which is one week prior to the commencement of the first module of any program (whether or not you attend that or any other module), and you shall still be liable for the full cost of fees.
We reserve the right to cancel any program. If a program is cancelled and a replacement is not offered, we will refund all monies paid by you to us.
In the event of your cancellation as described above (other than cancellations one week before), Pilates Education UK Ltd/BASI Pilates UK will allow you to transfer any monies paid by you for the cancelled program to any other BASI program for which you qualify, so long as such program is scheduled to commence within one (1) year of your Application to the cancelled program. In the event that you fail to transfer as stated, Pilates Education UK Ltd/BASI Pilates UK shall have no obligation to refund any monies paid by you to us, regardless of when you cancelled or requested a transfer. We will allow only one such transfer.
Testing fees & Auditing fees are non refundable and non-transferable.
If a student has a schedule conflict and they cannot complete their training, BASI UK will hold their tuition for 1-year and transfer it (one-time only) to any location that is administered under the BASI UK umbrella or the next scheduled training at their host studio, space permitting. We do not hold tuition indefinitely. If the student does not make up the modules within the 1-year and a program was offered, they may be subject to pay a 10% fee. The fee is based on the total cost of their program.
Terms & Conditions
In the event of travel restrictions outside of our control as a result of natural disaster, pandemic or anything beyond our control, or if we are restricted on numbers in the studio for the same reasons, we reserve the right to change to online live learning where possible, without refund or deferring options.
Information published on this web site is provided for the use of its visitors and you are advised that, although care has been taken to ensure technical and factual accuracy, some errors may occur. No guarantee is given of the accuracy or completeness of information on these pages. Please be aware that Pilates Education UK Ltd. may alter the information on its web site from time to time. Pilates Education UK Ltd. shall have no liability arising from the use by any party of the information on this web site. Pilates Education UK Ltd. does not warrant the information on this web site in any way and in particular no warranty is given that the web site or its contents or hypertext links are virus free or uncontaminated. You are advised to make your own virus checks and to implement your own precautions in this respect. Pilates Education UK Ltd. exclude all liability for contamination or damage caused by any virus or electronic transmission.
Privacy & Security Policy
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from our site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Pilates Education UK Ltd will never sell trade, rent, exchange or otherwise share your personal information with any other person, company or organization.
BASI UK is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
BASI UK may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This updated policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
How we collect information:
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including phone and email address
- Home address
- Relevant health information
- Contact preferences
What we do with the information
We require standard information to process your registration and create the Training Contract between BASI UK and the student. Other reasons include:
- Assess and develop a personalised training plan
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided based on your selected contact preferences.
BASI UK is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
These Terms and Conditions of Use were last modified on 24th May 2018 and may be modified, amended or otherwise changed at any time. Such changes will become effective immediately upon posting.
BASI Pilates UK trades as Pilates Education UK Ltd.
Head office address for BASI UK
The Pilates Clinic, 2nd Floor, 7 Elm Grove, Wimbledon, SW19 4HE
The registered office address for Pilates Education UK Ltd
55 Linkway, Raynes Park, London, SW20 9AT
The registered number for Pilates Education UK Ltd
Main UK contact
Global BASI contact
Code of Ethics for our Students
1. Keep our clients safe.
2. Teach within our ‘scope of practice’ and give full attention to the comfort and safety of clients at all times.
3. Maintain professional boundaries. The following constitutes improper behavior: • Inappropriate physical contact • Financial exploitation • Sexual exploitation
4. Maintain client confidentiality.
5. Direct clients to seek medical attention when necessary.
6. Do not discriminate against clients or colleagues on any level.
7. Do not intentionally solicit other Pilates professionals’ clients.
8. Treat clients and colleagues with respect, truth, fairness, and integrity.
9. Comply with all applicable business, employment and intellectual property laws.
10. Maintain professional appearance and conduct.
11. Do not misrepresent skills, training, professional credentials, identity or services.
12. Continue gaining education to enhance skills and knowledge, and to provide the highest quality services to clients.
13. Maintain appropriate insurance (liability, studio, contents, etc.)
14. Maintain appropriate teacher-to-student ratios in all class settings.